Tuesday 26 June 2012

staffordshire university graduates, photographic stlyes I like


Ian Hilditch
He did a large body of work looking at objects close up like wood, or frozen puddles, which I found really interesting, and more eye catching then any of the other photographers I had seen because you had to look at it to figure out what it was and in some ways it's abstract because you can't tell what it is straight a way and you have to actually study the image to find out what it is. I would be interested to go into this style of photography, because I am really interested in trying to photograph things close up ether using macro or, just a 50mm lens, and I enjoy looking at things to try and find interesting parts to photograph,
Also Cerian Chandlers work has a style to it which I like, she did Lot's of images in and around parks, when it was foggy and there was dramatic lighting and had some interesting angles to this images, I feel that this is a good style of work because it's more interesting than say just an image taken in the wood with out interesting lighting and no fog, I also like trying to get images that have more of a decorative look and feel to them more than images that are usable for stock sites like Alamy. Also the style of work Cerian Chandler, and Ian Hilditch have is more of a simple style instead of trying to photograph every thing that's happening they concentrate on one little bit and focus on a detailed part of an object.


No comments:

Post a Comment